Welcome to ChinaVis 2016!
The 3rd China Visualization and Visual Analytics Conference will be held from July 21st to 23rd in Changsha, China. Following the success of ChinaVis 2014 and 2015, ChinaVis 2016 aims to provide a platform for researchers and practitioners in China and neighboring East Asian regions to exchange ideas, and to facilitate the development of a prosperous ecosystem in the areas of visualization and visual analytics.
ChinaVis 2016 will be hosted by the State Key Laboratory of High Performance Computing, China, and the conference program will include keynote talks, oral paper presentations, poster presentations, exhibitions, and panel discussions.
Paper submissions can be in English or Chinese. All papers should be submitted through the Precision Conference System (https://precisionconference.com/~chinavis), and follow the IEEE VGTC format (http://www.cs.sfu.ca/~vis/Tasks/camera_tvcg.html). Long papers must not exceed 8 pages, and short papers must not exceed 4 pages. All submissions should be in PDF. Each paper can be accompanied by a video. If a submission has been reviewed by other related journals or conferences (e.g. TVCG or IEEE VIS), review comments can be submitted as accompanied materials. Selection of the best English papers from the conference will be recommended for publication at the Journal of Visualization (http://link.springer.com/journal/12650) and other SCI journals. Selection of the best Chinese papers will be recommended for publication in EI-indexed Chinese journals.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you encouter any problems related to paper submission.
The ChinaVis 2016 Poster Program offers a timely venue to present and discuss new visualization research through a forum that encourages graphical presentation, demonstration, and active engagement with ChinaVis participants. The poster program encourages submissions of any kind of techniques and applications related to visualization and visual analytics. We welcome works in progress such as the visualization design from course projects or the intermediate research results from practical projects and applications.
Poster submissions should a 2-page summaries and poster draft. E-mail materials to email@example.com for submission. Summaries and posters can be presented either in Chinese or English in line with the IEEE VIS formatting guidelines http://www.cs.sfu.ca/~vis/Tasks/camera.html. They should include a concise description of the idea, the results or findings, the supporting imagery and figures, and a discussion of the implications of the work to the selected domain. Full literature searches are not expected, although relevant citations should be included. The posters themselves have no predefined formatting, but dimensions may not exceed A0 paper size. ONLY PORTRAIT FORMAT IS ACCEPTABLE. Poster authors are encouraged to include a draft or sketch of the layout and content of the poster in their submission to show that the poster format is being used effectively. This sketch should be in PDF format. Video previews for posters are suggested (provide a link that the video can be downloaded). Refer to Call for Posters for more about submission, important dates, and other related information.
Suggested topics, but are not limited to:
- Theories on visualization and/or visual analytics
- New methods on scientific visualization
- New methods on information visualization
- New methods on visual analytics
- Representation and discovery of visual knowledge
- Evaluation theories and methods for visualization
- Visualization of various data types
- Data management for visualization or visual analytics
- Visual search and mining
- Interactive technologies and devices
- Visualization and visual analytics systems or techinques for big data
- Modeling for scientific and engineering simulation
- Display techniques
- Visualization and/or visual analytics systems
- Application of visualization and/or visual analytics in science, engineering, and social science
- Paper submission deadline: May 10, 2016
- Paper notification: June 10, 2016
- Poster submission deadline: June 17, 2016
- Poster notification: June 24, 2016
- Paper camera-ready copy deadline: June 25, 2016
- Poster camera-ready copy deadline: July 1, 2016
- Early registration deadline: July 5, 2016
- Conference: July 21-23, 2016